In our Previous article on what is NHIF and how to apply for it, we highlighted a few areas including
-Eligibility for the cover
-Benefits (inpatient and outpatient)
In this article, we will show you how to know your contribution status for the cover If you are an NHIF member.
ID xx xx xx xx
(Where xx xx xx xx) is your ID number)
You will receive an SMS reply indicating your;
-Year of birth
-Employer name (If employed)
Name: National Health Insurance Fund
Position: State Parastatal
- Provide medical insurance cover to all its members and their declared dependants (spouse and children).
Eligible persons include:
- Kenyan resident (includes foreigners permitted to study or work in Kenya)
- Attained the minimum age of 18 years
- Earns an income from Kenya (employed/self employed)
- Earns an income of more than kshs.1000 per month
- Works under a contract or casual basis
- Volunteer contributors
NOTE: NHIF is COMPULSORY to all those in the formal sector but VOLUNTARY to those in the informal sector or retired persons.
Benefits of NHIF cover Continue reading