REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTERING AN NGO
1. Name Reservation
- Filling of FORM 2 and payment of Kshs.1000/- being processing fee.
- Submission of Form to the Registry for conducting the search.
- Conducting of search and recommendation for reservation by the Registry.
- Submission of reserved name to the Programmes Manager for approval.
2. Registration Process
NOTE: FORMS 1 AND 3 EVEN THOUGH DOWNLOADED WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED AFTER PAYMENT OF SHS 400
- A letter addressed to the Executive Director requesting for registration.
- Duly filled FORM 3 (three copies) in original Forms.
- Duly filled Addendum to Form 3(two copies) providing specific information on their physical address and contact details.
- Duly filled FORM 1 (one copy stating organization’s contact person).
- Two (2) recent colored passport sized photographs of top three (3) officials with the names of the official and organization written at the back.
- Photocopy of ID card/passports for the three (3) top officials.
- Copy of Name Reservation FORM 2 duly approved and paid for.
- Three (3) Copies of the proposed NGOs Constitution-signed by three top officials and one official on all the pages. A sample of constitution format can be viewed HERE
- A Copy of minutes authorizing the filing of applications. The minutes should specifically resolve to register as an NGO.
- Processing fees of (KES 16,000) for NGOs that are national in scope and (KES 30,000) for NGOs that are international in scope. In instances where the applicants have downloaded application forms from the NGOB website, they will be required to pay the requisite fee of Kenya Shillings Two Hundred (KES 200). Where a name reservation has not been paid for, the fee of KES 1000 will be applicable.
- Proposed one-year budget of the applicant organization.
- All applications shall be typed or filled in block letters.
- All signatures must be in original form. Scanned and/photocopied signatures will not be accepted.
Source: NGOs Co-ordination Board